Sunday, July 08, 2007

Sweet Layers (acylic-on-box-canvas-30x24inches or 76x61cm)




Hi all,
Yeah, I know it’s been a while but I assure you all I haven’t been idle!

New sites to build…new frontiers to conquer

O.K. why Sweet Layers? It simply seemed appropriate considering my frame of mind. Ideas stacked like layers, pressing down and squeezing out. I wanted something a little um…different. Something with little or no obvious reference to reality.


I cannot emphasize the importance of experimentation in painting. Sometimes you simply ‘go with the flow’ and allow your creative outpour to react to the unexpected. Chance directs and it’s often so much fun to follow and see what happens!

Like being a child again. Not afraid to dabble or play or make something that to older eyes might seem foolish. There’s something so very liberating about that.

Catch you later

Shirley
Read more...

0 comments: