Thursday, November 24, 2011

Splish Splash

'Splish Splash' (Acrylic & mixed media on Box Canvas 137x60cm shirley shelton©copyright 2011)
shirley shelton©copyright 2011
Ok, it's been a while since my last post but hey, life has a habit of intervening! Other projects and concerns fight for attention and before you can spell B-L-O-G....six months have past and not a word or a picture published.

Bad girl. Must and should do better? Fair enough. OK, I'll give it a go!

Hmm, Splish Splash just happened. No prior planning or product of commission. I was simply looking for something to compliment my living room, pick up the colors, echo the theme and generally indulge a desire to simply 'splash' a slab of my imagination onto canvas. No restraint, just gut, muse and possibly a slice of the id?
Splish Splash is abstract as I like it with color, texture and composition hopefully coming together in in a riot of extravagance. I don't deny it's personal and thus it's ability to please will be governed by your own taste. I've again used the diptych format which I always feel lends an interesting play on space and again the medium I've used is acrylic with acrylic gesso to build up areas of thick texture. The result (I hope) is a playful fusion of color, surface and a sense of perhaps 'controlled' madness?
I'm happy with the result but as always, you guys are the ones who judge and you either like or...you apply the big thumbs down!
Shirley
Read more...

0 comments: