Monday, April 11, 2011

Repitition Is Good For The Art!

'Elephants Walking in the Dusk'
OK, commissions make up a large part of my painting output and since so many are based upon my most popular work there can be a tendency to....

paint and re-paint and re-paint the same painting over and over and...

Well, you get the idea. I'm sometimes asked whether I get fed up doing so many sunsets (especially the elephant ones!) but surpringly...
I don't ever tire of painting a similar theme simply because every brush stroke is a learning curve. I mean it! I've painted 'Elephants Walking in the Dusk' about a dozen times now and every single time I learn something knew about my art which takes me forward, which keeps me constantly aware that the more I discover...the more I know I've yet to learn!



Shirley
Read more...

0 comments: