Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Uplands: Acrylic on Canvas 20"x 30" (58cm x 72.2cm)


Upland Sunset
Hi all
A Mother and child stand silently watching the last glowing embers of an African sunset. Their gaze is drawn, almost compelled, to where the dying sun touches the distant hills. That place they call the Uplands.

I hope you like Uplands. I certainly enjoyed painting it. Like much of my recent work my prime aim has been to explore the effects of warm colour within the landscape. Vibrant hues unleashed as only a dawn or a sunset can. Oh of course I may often write of 'unleashing the creative id' but painting has also got to be fun! I want my paintings to be a source of pleasure. A chance for people to abandon, if only for a few moments, the constant drudgery of doom and gloom around us! So come on folks, let your eyes soak in some heavy duty colour therapy. There, I bet you feel better already.

Well, that’s it for me. Yet another long day 'unleashing the creative id'. The brushes are cleaned, the paints packed away. Time now to reflect, perhaps to ponder a while upon such motives as move me to make my art. That and the chance to grab a well deserved cup of tea!
Catch you later

Shirley
Read more...

0 comments: